Pinecone-Burke is divided into six regions. From the south end to the north, they are Burke, Widgeon, Debeck, Meslilloet, Boise and Pinecone. This guidebook starts the process, illuminating the unique beauty that is the backyard wilderness of Burke Mountain and the Widgeon, the two most accessible areas of the park.
Burke and Widgeon – A Hiker’s Guide includes:
- 28 extensively researched hikes
- Trails ranging from easy 20 minute strolls suitable for every age and fitness level, to multi-day hikes that will challenge even the most experienced hiker
- Detailed trail descriptions including total length, overall difficulty and difficulty of each section, estimated time needed, trail conditions, and suggested places to pause and admire the views
- 66 detailed maps
- Elevation profiles for every hike
- GPS coordinates and directions to trailheads, major waypoints, points of interest and trail intersections
- 37 color photos
Although paperbacks have been sold out, “Burke and Widgeon – A Hiker’s Guide” is still available in a handy eBook format from Amazon Kindle and Google Play. Buy your copy on either of those sites!
Page 29 | Sample page with Summary Box
Page 50 | Sample page with GPS Way points
Page 206 | Sample page with Map
Page 207 | Sample page with Elevation Profile